View Single Post
Old
01-30-2013, 09:39 PM
A Pointed Stick
Can You Believe It?

vCash: 250
Quote:
Originally Posted by Veteran journeyman View Post
Good point. He'd probably do horribly if some team just gave him a chance in a third line checking role or a fourth line energy role. Not his style at all. Truthfully he has only one skill, but it happens to be flat out scoring goals.

Also, I'm pretty sure he was off Tavares' line very briefly maybe two seasons ago? And he continued to score. Obviously Tavares helps him get more goals than he would otherwise, but I think a player like Moulson who just has a nose for the net would score his share of goals no matter what. I think Cappy said during a Bridgeport game that Persson reminds him a bit of Moulson. Having severely overpaid for AHL Live this year and watched the Sound Tigers, it's actually a decent comparison. Persson can't really skate like the wind and isn't always dazzling you with skill, but he just always seems to be around at the right time to finish a play.
That was 2009/10. He slumped twice while off Tavares' line. Rotowire mentioned 10 pts in 28 games, and low goal totals. When with Tavares his points pick up considerably.

That's part of why he is considered incomplete and why some of us wonder what would happen if you put someone with a more complete package next to John. It could be that both that player and Tavares would get even more points.

A Pointed Stick is offline   Reply With Quote