Thread: Post-Game Talk: Sens 5, Habs 1
View Single Post
Old
01-30-2013, 09:45 PM
Xspyrit

vCash: 500
Only saw the 2nd hlf of the game but I was impressed by Benoit tonight... Since we're really banged up right now, I'm fine with him out there. Boro, Wiercioch and Benoit can play at this level but need to be well coached. No problem here

Quote:
Originally Posted by WasTeD View Post
Andy is the best goalie in the NHL right now. Hands down.
Best goalie (however I'm not sure it can last all season), best D-man, best coach (I'm starting to think this). Greatest depht too I think

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orr123 View Post
I feel like Paul MacLean deserves HUGE props for that.
And Andy. Two pieces that if we were missing, we'd look like a rebuilding team, IMO
Well, to me, when we struggled the most (well, the only times we struggled in the last 15 years) in 2008-09 and 2010-11, we had awful goaltending and coaching

Quote:
Originally Posted by guyzeur View Post
We are at the moment a two man show team = EK & Mister Anderson

The rest looks like an AHL team with a super system and coach.

We're not that good without the 2man show
Ok... so guys like Spezza, Michalek, Alfredsson, Turris, Gonchar, Methot... are AHL material?

What the? It's clear that our 3 impact players are Karlsson, Spezza and Anderson... I've been saying that for a while. You'd need to be pretty much new to hockey to not see it. But it doesn't make our other contributors bad. Turris is PPG, Methot has been a rock, Gonchar has been efficient, Michalek has made a lot of good plays, Zibanejad has been impressive in his only 2 games, Silfverberg has been good in some games, and our depht guys have been awesome for the most part

And of course when a team miss their 1st line center, their forward lines don't look as good

Finally, show me a team that would be as good without their 2 biggest impact players... I don't get those statements : it's like saying the Penguins are really not the same team without Crosby and Malkin... Isn't obvious?

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanadianHockey View Post
You could subtract two key players from any team and they'd drop substantially in the standings.
I count 3 right now : Spezza, Cowen and Gonchar.

Xspyrit is offline   Reply With Quote