View Single Post
Old
01-30-2013, 10:12 PM
thomast

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SimplySensational View Post
Barkov write up by Button is interesting:

People around here seem to believe he is mediocre skating wise. Not sure if he's improved and people are just still stuck on it. Tend to side with an actual scout vs people on the internet.
I wouldn't still call him an very good skater but he isn't as slow as people think. But the type of game how he plays it's more than enough. He can suprise an defender with his combination of speed and strength if they aren't ready. Look at his WJC goal at 16 that is great example. He is now way better skater. But when you look at player like Barkov he has not any major weaknesses at all so you have to pick the area where he can improve the most and it is skating. Which isn't bad as some people states. Big guys might look slower because they have longer stride. It has gone better and it will be better once his leg strength will get up and has more power on his stride. His skating style and stride are very good but his leg strength haven't catched his 210+lbs body yet.

I think that Barkov could end as great and amazing skater but not elite if he keeps developing like this and it's more than good enough for his type of player.

I'm shocked that they didn't mention Barkovs elite defensive ability. Called him an offensive player but the truth is that he is very strong two-way player and it is one of his greatest assets.

Last edited by thomast: 01-30-2013 at 10:27 PM.
thomast is offline   Reply With Quote