View Single Post
Old
01-30-2013, 10:14 PM
Ozz

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shrimper View Post
I'd be tempted to send some off to get signed. Or maybe a picture of the current team but I think the postage would be a lot from the UK and it would take a while.
Postage for a photo from the UK to the US would still only be but a few dollars (or pounds, I guess). I ship to the UK on a near-weekly basis and even boat/freight mail takes around 7-10 days tops. That's not a long time. Trouble though is the wait for your letter to be read/returned.

I used to send letters and cards to my favorite players when I was a kid, and nearly everyone sent one back. To the best as I could ever tell, they were all real except Patrick Roy. The bigger names took forever to get returned, especially Mario. When it finally came I hit the roof. Even Gretzky's came more quickly. That one was definitely done in Sharpie, though whether or not it was autopen I couldn't say. I like to think it wasn't. Looked real enough, and that's all that mattered at the time :p Anyway, point being, your shipping time is nothing compared to the "wait" time for your request to be handled (which hopefully they do for everyone who writes).

Ozz is offline   Reply With Quote