View Single Post
Old
01-30-2013, 11:53 PM
Zippy316

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by garret9 View Post
I covet some of your D... Want to send a top4 young one

Haha but yes I really like both. They both cycle, board battle and forecheck well, and they fit our teams structure/coaching style very well.

I really hope we sign them both for 1-2 years this summer and let Wellwood go for hopefully a fully NHL ready +15lbs/powerskatingimproved Scheifele for our third line.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bhay1987 View Post
Both have done what we've expected of them. Both really consistent at this point in their careers. Probably a 2nd round pick for either one would be enough. Otherwise we'll probably just take our chances re-signing them.
They would both be so perfect in our system. I was so pissed we let Poni go, he's so strong on the boards and plays a simple game that he fit in DeBoer's system so well.

One of the Devils best lines last year was Poni-Zubrus-Bernier, the puck possesion from those three was incredible. They shut down top lines like it was nobodies business by hemming them in their own zone.

Say, hypothetically, the Jets package those two together. The Devils have an abundance of NHL defenders. Fayne is probably our most valuable piece, along with Greene, but both are unlikely to be traded, very underrated pairing. Aside from Fayne, Larsson, and Harrold, the youngest is Greene at 30. Would something centered around Henrik Tallinder, prospect, and a pick suffice for the both of them? Would really strengthen our team.