View Single Post
Old
01-30-2013, 11:52 PM
LeapOnOver
Lemieux who?

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richie Daggers Crime View Post
I don't think anyone in their right mind saw the Boston game and thinks that DiPietro will ever be a starter in the NHL again. The guy can't even get up when he goes down. He has almost zero lateral movement. The Bergeron goal was just embarrassing.

I hope not. Next year will be crucial to the Isles taking the next step. Doing that with 3 rookie goalies would be a big mistake, IMO.
You mean THE BREAKAWAY? You are almost as bad as Dee Karl over at Hockeybuzz blaming a goalie for a breakaway goal, lmfao!! You haven't posted many absurd things before but on a breakaway a very subtle move can make a big difference in a goalies momentum and that's all that happened there. DP bit on a little fake and still almost got to the post in time. You are using a horrible example....

With that said, DP has definitely NOT proven he is starter material and unless things drastically change (still have a lot of games left) he will remain a back up option going into next year. It would be great if we could resign Nabby...but i'm leery of that being a possibility. I think we will have to sign a veteran free agent (similar to Nabby's status) in order to get someone in net. If not we are looking at inserting one of the two headed rookies and it's a risk. I think Poulin looks more ready than Nilsson, even though the latter will be the more talented in the end. We'll see...

LeapOnOver is online now   Reply With Quote