View Single Post
Old
01-31-2013, 04:40 AM
FlyingHigh28*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Shafer View Post
You mean like creating an offersheet contract that could still potentiall bankrupt the Nashville Predators as a means to force them to hand over the best young defenseman in the NHL for pennies on the dollar?

You're the naive one.
I'm confused. I thought Shea Weber was still in Nashville and we were still without a #1 defenseman. Did I miss something?

A shrewd GM doesn't put all of his eggs in one basket, let alone one incredibly long shot of a basket. The fact remains that if Homer had not submitted that offer sheet, Shea Weber probably goes to the lockout without a contract. After the lockout, he's got roughly 6 months to free agency, so he would only sign a 1 year deal and then this summer, we would've been free to bid whatever obscene price we wanted for Weber and he likely becomes a Flyer, provided that the price is right.

Instead, we've now essentially guaranteed that Shea Weber is a Predator for life. Yet still, some people act like Homer is a genius of a GM and that the offer sheet was the most intelligent thing.

If Homer was working for the Preds, I'd say he did an excellent job. But as the GM of the Flyers? LOL NO. Impatience cost us a legitimate chance @ landing the best defenseman in the league.