Thread: Bobby Ryan
View Single Post
Old
01-31-2013, 06:32 AM
FlyersFan61290

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingHigh28 View Post
It's hilarious to me to see Homer supporters preaching "patience". We're talking about a man who traded away our young (both 26 years of age at the time of the trade) superstars to get even younger, while continuing to hold onto Pronger, Timonen, and Briere and not even trying to trade any of them. And then in the mean time, he signed a goalie for humongous big money who will be out of his prime by the time these new younger players hit their prime.

This wasn't a "proper" rebuild. This is nothing like a proper rebuild. This was Homer's attempt to pull a rabbit out of his a** and get the best of both worlds, getting younger while still competing. This type of "mixed" strategy is not how you build a championship team, this is how you royally ****** up a team for a decade.
Pronger is gone and kimmo and Briere are following shortly (at least they won't be on the roster getting 6+). After that the flyers are left with a young core on offense and defense so i don't really see your point. Sure they have a hole or two but at least 1 could potentially be filled very soon. I think homer has done a very good job compiling these players, but time will tell.

FlyersFan61290 is offline   Reply With Quote