Old
01-31-2013, 06:37 AM
Winger98
powers combined

vCash: 500
Send a message via Yahoo to Winger98
Quote:
Originally Posted by eva unit zero View Post
Everyone here is making the assumption that Datsyuk is returning to Russia after 13-14. The roster I posted would be the 13-14 roster. Meaning that Weiss (who turns 30 in April) would CONTINUE TO BE ON THE ROSTER after that season. That gives the Wings another legit right now top-six center for 14-15 and means that Flip can play on the wing.

And sure, Smid is LH. He's also really damn good defensively. I don't care if he uses his teeth to hold his stick if he's going to play really good defense. There are times when it simply doesn't matter.
I figured that was the why behind Weiss. Holland has to start gauging Datsyuk's interest in staying beyond his next contract and look to make a move on that sooner rather than later. If he doesn't, he'll get stuck with another Suter situation where it's Player X or Bust.

Is there a specific buyout period in the summer or can a player be bought out at any time? I can't see Holland buying a guy out without a backup plan already in place, but if he's able to go out and sign a guy, I can see him making a move then. Or just going into camp and waiting to see if someone got hurt.