View Single Post
Old
01-31-2013, 08:13 AM
OkimLom

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RattleYourSabre View Post
So, I figured this was as good of a place as any to ask this question:

I haven't personally seen Armia play. But I've heard a lot of people talk a lot about how skilled he is, and how they project him to possibly be a force for the Sabres next year. I did some looking around and found a site that shows our prospects (I'd link it, but I'm not sure if that's allowed here) stats for the current season.

For Armia:

13 G, 7 A, 20 PTS, +4, .61 PPG, 170* shots

I don't know why they put the * next to it, I can't find anything that explains that... But for 170 shots, 13 goals and 7 assists seems poor.

In contrast, Judd Peterson has 52 shots and 8 goals and 13 assists.

Luke Adam has similar production to Armia: 9 G, 11 A on 67 shots.

My guess is that the 170* shots is an estimate as I can't find expanded stats for Assat anywhere.
Based on from Ive read from our awesome Finnish fans, Armia comes off as another Kovalchuk player. When he wants to play he can be very hard to stop. But its his work Ethic and consistency that are questionable which always can be fixed with the right coaching.

IMO, Don't judge how a player is looking at stats only, and don't be high or low on a player when comparing to another player especially if in another league level altogether.

From what I have seen from him, from games and game highlights, he is a player with a quick, hard, and fast snap shot/Wrist shot. He has good skating ability, and his hands are soft when handling the puck. A lot of people appoint him as the next Vanek when it comes to goal scoring.