Thread: Ray Shero
View Single Post
Old
01-31-2013, 08:24 AM
Candyman

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by gordie View Post
Ray Shero is maybe the best in the league when it comes to the "Big Trade" but it is the smaller housekeeping moves like ridding the club of a waiver wire pickup from 2009 that is now 35 years old in Craig Adams with a younger replacement. These smaller changes keep the club fresh and competitive.
Adams has been one of our most consistent players since 2009. Last season was rough no doubt, but he's played well this season and provides leadership. I'm not saying he's a saint but his play hasn't warranted being replaced, at least not yet.

Also if you're referring to bottom 6 grinders I think he's done more than enough there either hiring from within the organization, or signing players like Glass or Cooke. The one quirk I would agree with you with is defense. While he did sign Michalek and Martin I still don't feel like he ever really replaced Scuderi and Gill in our lineup which is something we've missed. Granted Michalek just didn't work with our system and Martin's play (excepting this season) has been abysmal.

Still I don't feel like Shero has done a below average job even in "housekeeping". I'd be totally fine calling him average in that category, but nothing to be alarmed about to me.

Candyman is offline   Reply With Quote