View Single Post
Old
01-31-2013, 08:28 AM
Pierre Gotye

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leaf Rocket View Post
Not true.

Biggs was rated quite high by a lot of teams, as well as most of the scout rankings. Around mid first round to later. Jenner and Rattie were late picks. I was really gunning for Rattie with our Stuart Percy pick.
I was happy with the Biggs pick. Lots of people seemed to think he was a good pick, and IIRC was once rated as highly as 15th.

The guy was picked low in the draft. So I don't really expect him to be an impact top 6 player...although I think he could be an eventual useful player on the bottom 6. Since he fights, and likes to check. The offense will come. But he's got a lot of work to do.

The Leafs dropped hints about wanting Percy a few weeks out from the draft, so it wasn't a surprise pick.

I hope in the July or June when-ever the 2013 draft is, the Leafs don't pick another defenseman with the club the top picks. It's time to start heavily concentrating on better help down the middle.

With that said, I also think the world of Drouin. Though, the Leafs don't really need wingers at this point.

And while there are intriguing players who are defenseman in this draft...it's time to start addressing the obvious club need.

And if the Leafs don't get a top 7 pick, even if they have to do so via trade...they're again wasting their picks. IMO. Too many good centers are there in the top 7. I have a sneaking suspicion though, the Leafs might really be leaning Barkov or Monahan though. I suspect Bergmann is quite fond of Barkov.

Of course, who knows where the Leafs will select at this point, but hopefully it's top 5, because there is a 99% chance this team isn't going to make enough noise to crack the playoffs.

Pierre Gotye is offline   Reply With Quote