Thread: Value of: Iginla
View Single Post
Old
01-31-2013, 08:30 AM
Drydenwasthebest

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary83 View Post
The same Kristo that could be looking at jail time?

I don't think Flames management will be that high on Beaulieu, the focus has been on hockey iq/sense, something Beaulieu seems to be lacking in.
I doubt he goes to jail, and he wasn't the key to the deal. He is a small, speedy forward who has no place in our organization ad could benefit from a change of scenery. He can be switched out for another, equivalent piece.

Usually, when making offers, counter offers are expected if the team receiving the initial offer feels a change would tip the scales appropriately.

I understand that there are Flames fans who do not want to trade Igina. They are being too sentimental. Gainey's biggest screw up was not getting Gomez, it was NOT trading all of his big name UFA to be players when we had the chance, and then watching them all sign elsewhere in the summer. We lost Koivu, Kovalev, Komisarek, Souray, and a bunch of others over two seasons where Gainey could have gotten us real assets for them. I hope Flames management is smarter than that. Trade your pending UFA players at the deadline, get quality assets, and then try to resign them in the summer. If not, it will simply delay the development of your organization.

So, any counter offers you think work for both sides?

Drydenwasthebest is offline   Reply With Quote