View Single Post
Old
01-31-2013, 09:20 AM
Luck 6
\\_______

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay Cee View Post
Now hopefully people are seeing why I have always disagreed with people saying almost as a given "CoHo will score way more but Kassian brings more overall".

I think and always have thought that Kassian has the potential to score as many or more points than CoHo and bring a more well rounded game.

We haven't even scratched the surface yet. He is scoring most of his points right now by using his body and ability to pick up the nice shot around the net. Wait until he gets more confidence in his great hands and shot and catches up more to the speed of the NHL game. Not to mention the fact that he has a lot more to bring in playmaking ability.

He is the real deal.
It's hard to get excited about powerforwards, at least for hockey fans who have been around the block. The success rate for these guys is so minimal, it almost seems like a waste to draft them in the 1st round (a bit of a stretch, but I'm sure you understand my point). Kassian from day 1 has shown flashes of being a cut above the rest, but still you wonder if he would put it all together. Cody on the other hand seemed almost like a can't miss. For this reason, I can understand the skeptiscism behind the trade by many fans. Now that Kassian is starting to put it together though, it's looking like a good deal.