View Single Post
Old
01-31-2013, 10:49 AM
h0ckeyman

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ice Hockey View Post
"Sure players grab and tug at one another for positioning during fights all the time, but
in over 20+ yrs of watching hockey, i've never seen a "fight" where one player makes a concerted effort to grab ONE ARM and start yanking and pulling that arm in an attempt to apply an armbar...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9UbRyqDCrHM"

At first it looked like an awkward tangle up and then fall to me, but i've never in my life seen a hockey fight, scrap, scrum, etc. where one player focuses all of his effort on the arm of another. Both of Talbot's hands target the arm of Callahan. I'm not saying Talbot intentionally injured Callahan, but WTF was he doing/thinking there? That's just stupid. I've seen guys in Tier 3 men's league who have better sense than that.
Hmm, I can pretty clearly see Talbot has Callahan's arm in one and and his other hand is on Callys jersey by his chest. Talbot lost his balance and natural reaction was to grab onto Callahan's arm, pulling it downward. It was a fair scrap and a freak injury. You can tell by Talbot's response that he knew right away and was concerned.

h0ckeyman is offline   Reply With Quote