View Single Post
Old
01-31-2013, 10:03 AM
Avs71

vCash: 500
I don't get what firing Sherman would do. Is a new GM going to bring a bigger budget in and just make Kroenke open up the wallet and purchase Perry and Getzlaf this summer? Or is he going to be just such a great GM that other GM's will willingly bend over for him and just send the Avs their best players?

Some of the biggest names that have been traded since a year ago:
Brad Stuart
Lubomir Visnovsky
Mike Ribiero
Jordan Staal
JVR
Derek Roy
Rick Nash
Jack Johnson
Jeff Carter

Which of these players would seriously be helping the Avs, or that the Avs could have realistically aquired? Visnovsky sitting in Russia, JVR is a player who is another "potentially" good player, there is no need for any of the centermen there. Would Jack Johnson have been nice? Hell yeah. Would Avs fan have been happy if it was Stastny going the other way? I really doubt it. Wasn't Duchene supposed to the basis if Colorado wanted Nash?

What do you guys expect Sherman to do when there is 29 other organizations trying to do the exact same thing, most of which can gladly outspend the Avs. Seriously, find a trade from the last two seasons that would be helping the Avs to this day. There is next to no young players with star potential being traded, no middle aged players on good contracts being traded, and the Avs have no purpose in acquiring a guy in the twilight of his career.

My biggest gripe with Sherman is that Sacco is still here. Just make the damn change already. Were getting no where with him, and it's just time to take a new direction.

Avs71 is offline   Reply With Quote