View Single Post
Old
01-31-2013, 10:07 AM
3rd Guy High

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Richards View Post
It's amazing how this went from "career ending" to a two week band aid.
It's really not as simple as a two week "band aid". I'm willing to bet we wont see the same Ryan Callahan until next year after a full offseason and more time for aggressive PT/surgery.

He's a professional athlete whose playing style revolves around going into the corners and banging bodies. You can bet they are going to do everything they can to make him less prone to reinjury.

Chances are Gaborik had the same injury (which was probably even more minor than this considering he didnt even get it checked out until after) when he tore his labrum in the playoffs last year. We all know how effective he was.

It was never career ending as some people tried to make it out to be, but I wouldnt say there's any "best case scenario" here.

Look, I'm not a doctor, but being sidelined with this injury for 6 months certainly gave me enough time to study all the scenarios surrounding this as a hockey player and none of them are good until after fully recovered from the surgery.

That said, while i hope he'll be the same Callahan i won't bet on it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetalGodAOD View Post
This sounds exactly like what Derek Roy was playing through last year. He would 'pop his shoulder back in" randomly throughout a game. It was painful but playable. He got it cleaned up in the offseason, recovery time was about 6 months.
^This is spot on.

3rd Guy High is offline   Reply With Quote