Thread: Bobby Ryan
View Single Post
Old
01-31-2013, 11:15 AM
El Emperor

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beef Invictus View Post
One the one hand, throwing out your young core because of a reported dispute with your very old captain nearing the end of his career was a questionable decision, if rumors of such a dispute are true. We don't know what the case truly is though so I thought it best to include that scenario as well.

On the other, as far as flying rebuilds go, that was about as good as you can get; probably the best possible. Our prospect pool is still empty, but the impending apocalypse was delayed by a few years because of the quantity and quality of youth returned.

The issue will be if Homer keeps trading his picks and prospects year after year. Then the team is back against the wall again.

Edit: Personally, I think the situation with the cap, need for goalie, and zero prospects worth calling up to fill our various holes, necessitating FA moves we couldn't make had more to do with the flying rebuild than any reported dispute.

Edit 2: and I agree that there's the right way, and the wrong way. I wouldn't say we're going the wrong way, per se. So really, there's the right way, the wrong way, and the Flyers way. The Flyers way is a hybrid of the two. I'm not convinced it can yield results.
This is why I kind of fear that the Flyers will be one of those teams sort of close to a playoff spot come trade deadline. I fear Homer will trade away the last of what we have in prospects to bring in a player that "could" push us deep into the playoffs, or make the playoffs at all for that matter.

I hope by the trade deadline this team is either beyond repairable for the season or completely dominating because if we are just average, I would hate give up what we have left so that our average team can have an outside shot at a deep playoff run.

El Emperor is offline   Reply With Quote