View Single Post
Old
01-31-2013, 10:37 AM
alexo

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by joestevens29 View Post
Hordi doesn't keep anyone honest either. You want to keep teams honest you get yourself a 6'7 260lb monster that is willing to do what Morris did yesterday. That will keep teams honest.
I don't think the big heavies really keep guys honest because they rarely see the ice. It has to be a guy that can actually play hockey. The Bruins are lucky because they've got more than one tough guy that fight better than most guys in the league, and play good hockey.

The thing I like most about Hordichuk though is he's somewhat of a deterrent... agreed that he's not necessarily the best deterrent.. however he's a real good instigator when he's on his game. We generally "react" to stuff, and it's nice to have someone who gets the other team's shorts in a bunch. That to me is as good if not far better than having a guy on your roster to deal with the Raffi Torres / Jordin Tootoos of the league.

That all said, he has to play smarter than cross checking a guy in the offensive zone and taking a penalty. But I do see a use for Hordi here. If Eager could take a lesson from him on some of the dirt in his game, I think we'd have the exact type of player that I'm looking for, for that (although it doesn't help that Eager is having concussion issues now.

alexo is offline   Reply With Quote