Thread: Ray Shero
View Single Post
Old
01-31-2013, 11:49 AM
Mr Jiggyfly

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chancellor Vitale View Post
You said the trade "didn't work out" as if people were expecting Ponikarovski to be "the solution" at wing, and as if we gave up more valuable players to get him (we didn't -- they were less valuable). That trade was a wash at worst and an interim move in any case. Those kinds of "scraps" moves are made by all GMs almost yearly. It's part of hockey and they rarely produce "a big win" for either team involved. Just like signing cheap FA guys to 1 year deals... band-aids. It's tough to evaluate GMs on the basis of how successful their band-aid moves were, but if you feel that's fair go for it I guess.

I do agree with whoever said Shero isn't the best at keeping the bottom 6 stocked with fresh faces / younger wheels every couple years. Adams has long since worn out his welcome. Cooke and Kennedy are getting there, although I believe Cooke can be more valuable for us if he gets a little bit of his edge back / draws a few more penalties.
Sill should of replaced Adams last season. I doubt you will find one WBS follower who has a bad thing to say about him.

Vitale-Sill 4th line. Grit and speed out the ass.

Yes, please.

Mr Jiggyfly is offline   Reply With Quote