Old
01-31-2013, 10:53 AM
WeThreeKings
DJ Nikita

vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to WeThreeKings
Quote:
Originally Posted by NotProkofievian View Post
It's possible, although I both hope it's not the case, and believe it's not the case, otherwise, why would we hire a brand new Russian scout?
You should always have eyes. I just don't have much confidence in their ability to develop him if he comes over. Lefebvre doesn't seem to have a good idea of what he's doing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by That View Post
How much have you seen of Hartman in the OHL? He's outplayed Sens first rounder Stefan Noesen, he's outplayed Tom Wilson, and he's arguably outplayed Rickard Rakell (who made the Ducks out of camp) as well. Up until the Trocheck trade, he was probably the most consistent forward on the Whalers.

Hartman is a fantastic skater, has slick hands, and is a very crafty offensive player. For some reason people think he's strictly a checking forward, when that's not true at all. He's a offensive player, has a strong defensive game, and is already one of the best penalty killers in the OHL. He hits like a truck and is consistently physical.

He's a top 30 talent in this draft. Does that mean he will go there? No. His only question mark is size, and personally I think his combination of skill and tenacity more than make up for it.
What I've seen from Hartman says to me that despite his "slick hands" that you say he has (I don't think they're special beyond the CHL) I don't think he has the offensive IQ to be a productive forward in the NHL. He has all the tools to be a servicable 3rd line player who can pitch in some points but that's not what I'm targeting in the 2013 1st round. We tried that with Louis Leblanc.