View Single Post
Old
01-31-2013, 11:02 AM
That

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by WeThreeKings View Post
What I've seen from Hartman says to me that despite his "slick hands" that you say he has (I don't think they're special beyond the CHL) I don't think he has the offensive IQ to be a productive forward in the NHL. He has all the tools to be a servicable 3rd line player who can pitch in some points but that's not what I'm targeting in the 2013 1st round. We tried that with Louis Leblanc.
Fair enough. I disagree completely (I think his offensive IQ is one of his best assets), but I understand your reasoning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuebecPride View Post
Odds are he won't be on the board when we speak, or it will be too early. I love him too, and think he plays a lot like Dustin Brown. But there's no way we pick him at #15. 20+? Maybe. But I think a guy like Nastasiuk could be available later and could eventually provide the same game, although he might not be as fast as Hartman.
I've been a big fan of him for while now. He's as safe as anyone from this draft class to make the NHL. Every time I look at a list it seems like he just keeps rising. He can do it all and he brings 110% every game. He hits hard and clean, he blocks shots, and he creates space. He can dominate games down low and along the boards (as he did in Barrie the other day). He's a rare breed of player. I question his upside, but his confidence just keeps growing and he certainly has some good tools to work with offensively.

Last edited by That: 01-31-2013 at 11:15 AM.