Old
01-31-2013, 11:12 AM
DEVILS ALL THE WAY*
Yes, I'm a hypocrite

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evilo View Post
Mbiwa, Sissoko. Total spent : 10M€.

Those 10M€ would have done wonders for Arsenal.
Or even better, Mbiwa+M'Vila, total 20M€.
Exactly my point.

Both players were targets of ours, both players ended up being transfered on bargain deals and both players would've solidified positions that need to be strenghten.

When you add everything together, you can't do anything else but scratch your head and wonder why we didn't swoop up a combo of Mbiwa+M'Vila or better yet, the trio of Mbiwa+M'Vila+Sissoko.

All 3 players would've covered 3 areas of our squad that need reinforcement. As much as Villa would help, the 3 frenchmens would've made our team much better and much deeper versus the single signing of David Villa.

It's like if Wenger is doing it on purpose not to solidify our biggest weakness, by wasting valuable time trying to add someone we don't really need.

Quote:
Originally Posted by villevalo View Post
David Ornstein ‏@bbcsport_david
Arsenal working hard to sign left-back before deadline. Likely to happen. Never say never on David Villa, but unlikely #bbctransfernews #afc
I don't want to sound harsh, but thank god Gibbs went down with a injury BEFORE the window shuts down. I can only imagine if his injury would've occured after the transfer window, wich would've left us with Santos as our #1 LB.

If Wenger is known to be a penny pincher, he'll have to swallow his pride cause opposing teams will raise their demand since Arsène is doing some last minute shopping and they know we're stuck with a **** at LB for god knows how long.