View Single Post
Old
01-31-2013, 11:28 AM
Boom Boom Geoffrion*
CarciLOL

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry Melnyk View Post
By gnat, I meant barely a consideration to the opponent but, if you like that, be my guest...
A tenacious forechecker who's constantly pressuring dmen, taking the body, negating icings, and doing a lot of dirty work for his peers is barely a consideration?

Quote:
And, no, the problem isn't my wacky expectations---I would love HAGS to be a two-way 3rd liner/PK guy who can score 10-20 goals a year...The problem is, you fail to admit or realize that HAGS hasn't played any where near responisble, consistent, smart hockey for his last 40 games or so...And this means nothing about his future, I still expect him to be a fine two-way player no matter what happens this year...But, right now, I'm talkng about implications on this season......
20G scorer isn't a third-liner. Especially with Hagelin's two-way play. That's why I consider your expectations to be 'wacky'.

Quote:
Well, if he never gains consistency and he never learns how to produce, his "importance" is lessened as is his value......and the Rangers should look for a better player even on the 3rd line...But, hey, if you like to settle for less, again, be my guest..Hopefully the Rangers won't...And/or Hopefully, they won't have to

And that's why nobody does expect top line production from him....
If he doesn't develop into a consistent offensive threat, he'll be like many, many other NHL'ers in the league that are considered tweeners. Better than the average third-liner, but not quite good enough to regularly play on the 2nd.

In the end you still don't know what you're talking about. You label Hagelin as a third-liner, which is fine. I think he's a third-liner as well. You're upset he's not consistent offensively. Most third liners in the league are not consistent offensive threats. If they were they wouldn't be third ****ing liners. They would be bona fide top-6 players.

Boom Boom Geoffrion* is offline   Reply With Quote