View Single Post
Old
01-31-2013, 12:42 PM
EdAVSfan

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex Jones View Post
I've always thought JMFJ had all the skills, and wanted to move Staz for him for several years. I understand JMFJ likes to go on his own adventures sometimes, but I think he's always been a top four, and will eventually be a number one.

I have always been willing to pay for outstanding talent, and without question that is what jack Johnson is.

I'd consider Staz for JVR as well. I understand that JVR can go invisible at times, but he has every conceivable skill for a forward. He is already a second liner at worst, and has the ability to be a top five forward in the league. He sucked last year although he was injured, but he's still a guy who scored 20 goals at 20 years old as a power forward on a third line, and in my mind in Toronto will score twenty goals in just the 48 game season. Last year I would have moved Duchene for JVR. probably not now, but I think that JVR could easily have the better career. He can shoot and works in front of the net to find goals in a way Duchene simply can't or won't.
Watching this team play...Id love for you to tell me how JVR would get any opportunites for shots and to be in front of the net when we can barely get into the offensive zone. And even if we do get into the zone, theres is absolutely no sustained pressure.

Our guys cant do anything while rushing into the zone. JVR would be just as useless on this team as McGinn and Jones have been.

The avs play defense for 30 seconds in their own zone, finally skate up ice, dump, chase, work it around the boards for a few seconds, lose it, line change. Repeat.

We need a blood coach, and fast.

The biggest mistake this team ever did was fire joel quenneville.

EdAVSfan is offline   Reply With Quote