View Single Post
Old
01-31-2013, 11:55 AM
WTFetus
Marlov

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jgood View Post
All the Murray hate, he is still solid on our PK, and worth a spot on this team. He has a role, but but needs to play his game, and not be counted on to be a PMD.
He isn't solid on the PK, he's average. All he does is provide a big body to block shots. He isn't great with his stick and he isn't mobile, both of which are needed if you want to be aggressive.
I have nothing against keeping Murray on the roster. The only reason I partly want him traded is because he's potentially taking a roster spot from Demers or Braun since TMac loves him. If he's guaranteed to be the 7th, I have no qualms about keeping him. Depth at D is going to be more important than usual this season and I'd rather increase the Sharks' chances at a deep playoff run than just trade him for a pick.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjshrky27 View Post
Im still big on Murray. I consider him more of a bottom 6 D, but his play is good. And he comes up big with the hits, and his presence on the ice is obvious. Opposing players know this, and I guarantee it makes a difference in how the game is played.
He has his place on the team for sure.
When was the last time Murray had a big hit? Opposing players know that he's a big hitter and they've adjusted over the seasons. Instead of trying to skate by him, they'll chip the puck and skate around him. Especially with all holding/interference calls this season, Murray isn't going to be able to hold them off and let his D partner get the puck like he's done in the seasons prior.
If anything, Stuart and Demers have been more physical than Murray in the last few seasons. Stuart's hit on Landeskog and Demers' hit on Brown and Cole last season are the types of hits that change the momentum. Murray isn't mobile enough to do those.

WTFetus is offline   Reply With Quote