View Single Post
Old
01-31-2013, 12:03 PM
Jarick
Doing Nothing

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by toewsintangibles View Post
Half a PPG as a rookie playing with plugs. Sounds about right to me.. what the hell were you actually expecting?
He's playing with Setoguchi and either PMB or Cullen. Not elite players but not plugs. He's not playing with Nick Johnson and Warren Peters.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gustaf View Post
Not liking the idea to send Granlund back to AHL yet, his future is too important, could absolutely destroy his self confidence. He needs to feel that he belongs in the NHL which he isn't learning by returning to AHL with the feeling that his NHL performance was a failure. The fact that we have great talent in the AHL shouldn't push the decision to send him down earlier than what would have been the case otherwise!
If your career and confidence is shattered by getting sent to the minors in your rookie year, you weren't going to be worth a damn as a player anyway.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finnished View Post
I think the biggest mistake Granlund has made was to stay in Finland last season. In my opinion he should have gone to AHL a few years ago because FEL didn't offer him anything new. He could have escaped from Finnish media and get used to northern American way of playing hockey.
He wasn't very effective at the end of last season either and I could see the frustration in him I think it all started in the WJC when he failed that penalty shot.. I still think he'll be a good player but most Finnish people have had ridiculously high expectations to say the least
I would have liked to see him come over last year as well, but I'm guessing he made more money over there than he would have in Houston.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigT2002 View Post
Let me ask this (not sure if it has):

Do you want hime to get better or play progressively worse as we did with Sheppard because we didn't put him down there when we should have?
That's what I'm concerned with.

Making the playoffs is going to be very important for this team. If Granlund continues to be a liability out there defensively without contributing offensively, he's going to either have to get pushed down the lineup or sent down. And if the front office doesn't have the balls to send him down, he'll be looking down the Sheppard road.