View Single Post
Old
01-31-2013, 12:06 PM
Yakushev72

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jussi View Post
Russia's issues on international level wasn't the number of NHL players, you very well know that there where bigger issues than that /(ie. coaching, team mentality/play). Finland has no issues with team play if the team harmony and coaching is there (like in Torino 2006 and WC 2011). BUT we need our best NHL players to achieve that because the KHL players are not enough. You talk of chemistry but ignore the fact that there's no guarantee that the players would play in the same team or lines even in KHL. Jori Lehterä's been our best players in KHL the past two seasons, yet has done absolutely nothing while playing for the national team, despite getting to play with Enlund. Also I never said Finland doesn't have the capacity, just that we're not on a level playing field when it comes to the player pool. Our problems lie within the coaching in the juniors and the incapability to develop players better. A team in the KHL wouldn't just magically change things around.

That wasn't me. I realize that there's little chance of Russia signing a transfer agreement with the NHL, the one they seek would make players from other leagues or countries seem inferior and the NHL won't get on board with anything like that.

You should try saying that "Finland won't improve in international competition with more NHL players" to some Finnish journalist. You'd be met with laughter. Try tweeting that to this guy for example (he speaks English well): https://twitter.com/EskoSeppanen
Its interesting that you could somehow manage to try to make a dichotomy between Russians in the NHL and Finns in the NHL as to how they play on national teams. Please expound on your theory that Russia's failures while featuring lineups with NHL stars at every position (e.g., the 2000 World Championship team in St. Petersburg that featured guys like Bure and Yashin in their prime, and still finished in 11th place) was due to "coaching/team play." What were the specific coaching deficiencies that you detected, and how did they serve to tie the hands of some of the World's greatest hockey players. I can't wait to hear how you extrapolate your calculus of the national differential of NHL matriculation syndromes!

As for Finnish journalists, and what their opinion is of the NHL, I have to say that I am not even slightly curious. I hope they love the NHL, and derive as much pleasure from it as you do. To each his own!