Old
01-31-2013, 12:11 PM
WetHog
Out to Lunch

vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to WetHog
Quote:
Originally Posted by Halpysback View Post
I too agree that we should all be super aggressive and self righteous about everything because that totally gets results.
Sorry, despite OVs obvious physical gifts as a hockey player I don't think anyone holds the guy accountable as the highest payed player on the team and the guy with the C on his chest. In times when the team struggles OV should be the hardest working player on the ice, every shift, leading by example on how to work out whatever funk the team is in at the time. But I haven't seen that from OV since his last suspension. It's like he has been pouting all this time.

Some have said he needs this or he needs that to help him. BS. He needs to play up to his established potential. If he does that he not only lifts the play of the guys on his line, but lifts the entire team to another level of competition. Dare say a Cup level of competition.

But no, he should be treated with kid gloves for fear his feeling will be hurt. **** that. The Caps play like their C. Tuesday was a prime example. 2 periods of good hockey followed by 1 period of OV like coasting and a loss. As I said in that game thread, I don't think the Caps have ever played 3 solid periods of hockey with OV on the team. That is not an accident, IMO.

WetHog is offline   Reply With Quote