Thread: Carl Hagelin
View Single Post
Old
01-31-2013, 12:26 PM
Levitate

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inferno View Post
I think he does a tremendous job of setting up other players. he causes turnovers, he gets pucks to where they need to go, and its up to the other players around him to put the pucks in the net. if youre playign with Boyle and Rupp or something, youre not going to get many points that way.
Yup, Hagelin is easily the teams best forechecker. His speed and tenacity creates big problems for defensemen who are trying to move the puck. He's immensely valuable for that alone and it's why he was playing on the 1st line last year.

Quote:
the part i disagree though is that, i think Hagelin is the kinda guy you can put on a top line, and he wouldn't look out of place. Put him with a Richards and Gaborik, and he'll still be an effective player and compliment the 2 skilled guys by doing the dirty work. Kinda like the way Pascal Dupuis floats all over the lineup. He puts up so many points playing with Crosby, but they can also throw him out there on a 3rd or 4th line and he's still productive.

I think Hagelin can be our Dupuis...
Yup, like I said, Hagelin can be that guy who forechecks hard and creates the turnovers that Richards, Gaborik, Nash, etc can benefit from. That's why he can play up with those kind of guys even though he's not a super naturally talented offensive player. In fact I wouldn't be surprised at all if he gets another look there at some point this season

Levitate is offline   Reply With Quote