View Single Post
Old
01-31-2013, 01:54 PM
sipowicz
The Original

vCash: 800
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweech View Post
Why was any other successful franchise passed over during any expansion (for any sport for that matter, NHL, NFL, NBA)? Maybe they didn't put in a bid? No ownership group established, No arena development plans, etc. there's plenty of reasons.

How do you wonder if they're into hockey when they sell out junior teams that aren't even doing well? Cheap tickets means nothing. People have to still want to go and watch the game. It's the same reason not every city has successful junior or AHL level hockey. Not to mention the fact that many of those people regularly cross the border to watch NHL (Vancouver) games. That shows a heavy amount of dedication.

Plus like I stated before, you have to look at secondary markets. Seattle has an abundance of them and QC has exactly zero. Montreal dominates all of them and the whole 8 million people thing is bull, not every Canadian is a hockey fan, I hate to break it to you. Not to mention how badly skewed the pie chart would be for Montreal fans to QC fans.
This argument is ridiculous, how many people do you really think drive from Seattle to Vancouver to watch the average Canucks game, my guess under a 100 per game.

QC's CHL team has an average attendance higher than the two Seattle area teams and Portland combined. To think people will drive from Portland to watch an NHL team play in Seattle is about the same argument that people will drive from Tucson to Phoenix to watch the Coyotes play.