View Single Post
Old
01-31-2013, 01:01 PM
Sasso09

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cujomi View Post
Right...but Stamkos isn't as good a hockey player as Crosby or Malkin either. I would argue that Karlsson will soon be on that level if he isn't already. It's the way he impacts the game everywhere on the ice, in all phases of the game. He can turn it up when he needs to and slow the game down if he has to. His transition game is 2nd to none in the NHL and his skating just might be among the best in the NHL as well (not just speed, but acceleration and general mobility).

Stamkos is a great player don't get me wrong, and I would take him over almost any forward out there not named Crosby or Malkin...but Stamkos is much closer to his peers than Karlsson is and Karlsson's level of play is extremely high.

Sorry, just as an example of his pure impact on the game:

...and while yes he plays more minutes than most forwards (if not all) he also is a defenceman that plays very well in his own end, and keeps the other team from scoring via possession as well.
that's false, Karlsson has also been on the ice for more goals against than any player, despite his amazing numbers he's sub par defensively, a career minus player

Sasso09 is offline   Reply With Quote