Thread: Speculation: Nino seeking trade?
View Single Post
Old
01-31-2013, 01:02 PM
Isles Junkie

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ferrisUML View Post
I hear you, but this is not about winning/losing or letting a player or agent dictate anything. All that IMO is secondary. What this is about is what to expect from Nino in the future. Externalizing issues, assigning blame, etc are character flaws that may not simply go away. Yes, they could just be issues from being an immature 20yo, but many other 20yos are/were in a very similiar situation to Nino and didn't whine about it. Did Bailey piss and moan, demand a trade when he was sent down? No, he put up 1.5 ppg. Theres something to be said for that type of character and thats the type to bring into your team, not the diva-ish, "I deserve x,y,z".

Again, its not about letting the player or agent dictate anything. Its assessing what may come from Nino in the future and the realization that you'd better serve the team by getting the best possible return for him today.
I think it all depends on the quality of player though. Let's just say that John Tavares was a high maintenance diva type. You deal with it because he's one of the 20 best players in the world. If Andrew MacDonald is a diva, you tell him to shape up or take a hike.

How good will Nino be? Who knows. He certainly has the potential to turn himself into an NHL all star. if he does that, then you live with the nonsense.

Isles Junkie is offline   Reply With Quote