View Single Post
Old
01-31-2013, 02:14 PM
kihekah19

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by rt View Post
I'm not about to blame anybody. I may think Weiers is a jackass, but I can't hate a guy who doesn't agree Glendale needs to spend it's way out of this mess to the tune of 320mil. We all have our opinions and I don't fault him his. The previous council did what they could. i can't really blame Jamison even if he collected zero dollars. Obviously he was encouraged by the NHL and they league was responsible for vetting him properly. Also, if the third group in three years also raised ZERO dollars to "purchase" the team, how can you really blame the NHL? 170mil or 110mil, does it really matter when your best offer is zero bucks?

Most of the critical death blows in this fiasco were struck years, and years ago. No sense in blaming the events of the last twelve or twenty four months, in my opinion.

I think we can blame our valley neighbors who have not supported this team and the greatest game on earth.

I for one (barring a miracle) will be disappointed, should the team part. More importantly though I am extremely greatful for the excellent hockey we have seen since the Tippett era, less of course the recent lockout. Let's face it, we've had it good and the only truely dark times on the ice were during the Gretzky era.... hell, I even enjoyed most of that!