View Single Post
Old
01-31-2013, 01:14 PM
SouthShore91

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twine Seeking Missle View Post
I will answer to your points about the steepness and the acoustics.

As for the steepness, yes. It is VERY steep. But I actually like it. I prefer that as opposed to spread out and sprawling like MSG. And while the last row is a lot higher than the coliseum, I have sat in the last row at both Wachovia and Prudential and both those were higher than Barclay's.

As for the acoustics, I have been there for 3 Nets games this year and the place rarely got loud. But that's a basketball crowd. Hockey crowds are MUCH different. It's like night and day. When you score 95+ points in a game people aren't going to go crazy with each basket. Add to the fact the Nets were up big every game I have been to leading to easy wins/zero drama I expected a tame crowd. But with the place being as small and compact as it is, I could imagine it will get plenty loud when the Isles score a goal. You really can't compare a hockey crowd with a basketball crowd.
I dunno. I prefer the spread out feeling, that's just a preference though. I sat last row at Wachovia (Wells Fargo) and don't remember it being as bad as Barclays.

I would agree with you about the hockey crowd v. basketball crowd argument, but my cousin said he went to Barclays for a concert and said he felt the acoustics were weird then too, but I guess we'll see. It didn't really win me over I guess is my point.

SouthShore91 is offline   Reply With Quote