Thread: Value of: Stephen Weiss to OTT
View Single Post
Old
01-31-2013, 01:23 PM
CoolburnIsGone

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marty Straka View Post
Seeing as we have lost our #1C for atleast 8 weeks and could potentially use an upgrade in order to ease the load on Turris.. What would it take to land Stephen Weiss as a rental? He's from what I can see losing favour in Florida and it looks like they are going in a different direction with him and I believe he'd be a nice addition to our Top 6 while Spezza heals from back surgery and can still be a nice addition once Spezza returns.
Why do you say that? I dont see him losing any favor with the Panthers. He likes it in FL and would like to stay but just didnt want the distraction of a contract negotiation to take away from his play on the ice. Tallon has said he values player who have lots of character and the Panthers are still at least several yrs from being able to replace Weiss with someone in the org as the #1 center. They can't go in a different direction until some of the prospects prove they are capable of handling the load and several of them aren't even in the pro's yet (like Bjugstad).

Currently, he's nursing a groin injury so obviously he wouldn't even do you any good if its because you want to put someone in Spezza's spot for the next 8 weeks. Though Weiss is probably expected back by next week.

CoolburnIsGone is offline   Reply With Quote