View Single Post
Old
01-31-2013, 02:38 PM
pepperMonkey

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HCH View Post
There are a few things about Kaberle's play that drive me crazy
- He seems to move at a leisurely pace when retrieving a puck dumped into our zone by the opposition. When he finally gets there, the forward is all over him and we wind up hemmed into our own end.
- His passes are so soft that they arrive at our forward at approximately the same time as a defender who invariably has to fight for the puck. It is the complete opposite of a Markov pass
- He literally never takes the body which wouldn't be so bad if the first two weaknesses I mentioned weren't a problem.
- This year he has been horrible at holding the puck in the opposition zone on the PP. I don't know if it is bad luck or lack of hustle but it isn't happening.

He is style of play is not suited for his role on the team. At this point he isn't going to replace Markov, Gorges, Emelin or Subban. He is a third pairing defenseman on this team at best because we already have two superior offensive defensemen on in the first two pairings. That means he battles it out with Diaz for the offensive defenseman on the third pairing and at this point, Diaz has that spot locked up.

That doesn't mean he couldn't be an offensive force on another team but it isn't going to happen on this one.
You are quite possibly correct on all your points but being partnered off with Diaz maybe a good thing? Kabs is never going to score much while Diaz I never saw as someone who creates offensive opportunities so pair them up and just maybe they may be able to help each other?

pepperMonkey is offline   Reply With Quote