View Single Post
Old
01-31-2013, 01:58 PM
orcatown

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by thefeebster View Post
Schroeder played wing for 3 weeks last season. Mancari was the C. It was not a pretty experiment. Schroeder was less engaged in the play, didn't create a lot and was too fast for Mancari.

That said, JS said a week ago that he could play wing and feels he has evolved enough to play wing. Going from Mancari to Kesler would certainly help.

I've been saying this for the longest time that on paper and in theory, Schroeder is perfectly suited for Keslers wing because he is fast, can keep up with Kes and a great playmaker. But with what I've seen of Schroeder on the wing, theory may not match up with reality.
Absolutely - was on the perimeter and doing little when on the wing. Got tied up in puck battles along the boards which negated his strongest attribute - his speed. Idea of playing wing is senseless given the history.

Noted that the never informed Sekeres musing, like he had actually studied the situation, that he saw Schroeder ultimately on the wing. This, to me, goes back to the Parise comparisons which were never based on much other than that both Schroeder and Parise were smaller and both Americans

orcatown is offline   Reply With Quote