View Single Post
Old
01-31-2013, 03:16 PM
TickleMeYandle
Not so fast,

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by kihekah19 View Post
The above made me stop and think how sad it could possibly be for the players at this years meet the team event. Not normally not "into" that sort of thing, I went the last two years to help generate numbers, showing the boys that there ARE fans who care, but this year I'll most likely pass. I would imagine many others will do likewise based on some of the comments I am reading. I can only hope they will see a lacluster crowd as a positive, enjoying the fact that it will end early and go on to play the best hockey they can. The hole they're digging is getting deeper, but it's still not too late to compete for the Cup!

I do still plan to go - my little girl loves the team and wants her jersey signed. But I don't think I'll be buying anything to get signed, and my other jersey already has everyone's siggy on it. Maybe I'll have them sign a stick that I don't use anymore?

It will be a very sad night as I think most players and fans will see it as a good-bye rather than a fan appreciation sort of thing. Oh well, I'll wish Vermette bonne chance and move on with my life.