View Single Post
Old
01-31-2013, 03:19 PM
funghoul
retardo montalbon

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haute Couturier View Post
A person doesn't have to be a Holmgren supporter to preach patience. I am not a Holmgren supporter and I preach patience because I don't want to see him to dig us any deeper than he already has.

That said, I 100% agree with you. Holmgren screwed up in 2011 when he got younger at forward, but kept over the hill players in key roles to win now. His biggest blunder was not getting younger on defense which was and still remains the team's immediate need. His focus was entirely wrong. It was a huge gamble to rely on two defenders in their late 30s when the majority of players are out of the league by that age.

dude. welcome to pro sports. its all a huge gamble. explain what isn't. even moves that seem safe are potential for disaster. i like holmgrens fearlessness. its created success for the most part. look at not only what he does but what he tries to do. you can see what he's been trying to make us become. i like that plan. what happens if the weber GAMBLE pays off? this is all hindsight cause we lost a couple games to start a season with no training camp. you can't have everything. i don't believe the people crying about bare cub boards would be content to go through what edmonton's been going through for the last 6 years. thats some suffering. we could actually in reality be a move away from a cup. those guys are still just trying to figure out if they can pay the NHL price.

funghoul is offline   Reply With Quote