View Single Post
Old
01-31-2013, 03:20 PM
swimmer77
No 2nd guess, grind!

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by IafrateOvie34 View Post
I agree with the NHL becoming boring. I grew up in the 80s and the talent/skill wasn't like it is now, but there was at least heart. I guess I'm older and don't have the zeal like I used to with the NHL. Just seems like something is missing. I don't know if it is the lockouts, Bettman, GMGM, Ted, or what, but something is missing.

As for Ovy, I'm not giving up on him just yet. I don't believe a player loses skill and my guess is he is lovesick. That is no excuse, but my speculation. If there is one player who could switch it up from regular to playoffs, I believe it would be a hungry Ovechkin.
I grew up in the 70's when they didn't wear helmets. And I think there was talent in that era. The sport wasn't as fast but there was talent. I think I lost my zeal for sports in general when they became so marketable. I'm not faulting the sports for that because they are businesses but some of the marketing gets too much in the way for me.

As for Ovechkin - right now he is a sad story and I just hope it ends well for him and everyone else concerned. I haven't a clue how that can happen - I just hope it does.

swimmer77 is offline   Reply With Quote