View Single Post
Old
01-31-2013, 03:20 PM
finds71

vCash: 500
This franchise is at a turning point, and most of us can feel it. Very quickly choices will have to be made, and we will see if they are willing to spend or not. The avs are at the crossroad. They have a good core of young players (not deep enough for me). If they want to go back into the playoff, they will have to sign some good veterans. As a perfect example, our goaltending situation is pretty good. We have a young Varly with lots of potential, and a good veteran backup in Giguere. We simply need to repeat the pattern with the other positions. We need 1 or 2 good veteran to play with EJ and tomorrow with Elliott, Barrie and Siemens. And some other to play with Duchene, Landy...
If not the team will progress a little bit, but not enough to make the playoff anytime soon, and we won`t even have the reward of picking high anymore.
But like I said earlier in this post, I would still like the avs to add some solid prospects this year, and really I wouldn`t mind a lottery pick.
Let`s make sure that by next year we get somebody to play with EJ (trade/ufa)
Let`s make sure we sign some good veterans to help the young forwards
And let the team mature, while some new young prospect crack the lineup, that`s how you build a winning team... And I`m sure within 2 years the team is in good shape.