View Single Post
Old
01-31-2013, 02:28 PM
Whiskeypete

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason Lewis View Post
I think the NHL experiments into the South are over. This is just my opinion though.

Dallas is barely above water. Florida and Tampa Bay, despite solid seasons in recent years and marketable players (Stamkos) can't seem to stay relevant. Atlanta had to relocate.

North is probably a better shot right now at making money and growing the sport.

The Oregon/Washington area is a good place to start if you want to see American hockey grow. I mean, Portland Winterhawks, Seattle Thunderbirds, the Everett Silvertips, Tri-City Americans...they all do very well for junior teams in the area in terms of attendance and interest.
i am with jason, keep the team on the left coast. there is a long time history of Jr hockey succeeding. adding an NHL team will strengthen it further in all likelihood.

it also helps with the needed realignment, sorry NHLPA but HAS to happen. this is one thing they are wrong about.
*PHX moves to either SEA or POR and remains in the Pacific/West
*WPG moves to the Central/West
*NSH moves to the Southeast/East

this keeps the conf's and divisions equally structured. even more i would like to see the proposed 4 division plan executed, with 2 divisions in each conference. bring back the old adams, patrick, norris and smythe division names and format. this helps ease the alignment and travel further.

East
Adams
BOS, BUF, MTL, OTT, NYR, NYI, NJD

Patrick
PIT, PHI, WSH, TOR, TB, NSH, FLA, CAR

West
Norris
CHI, DET, STL, MIN, CLB, DAL, WPG

Smythe
LA, ANH, SJ, CAL, EDM, SEA/POR (PHX), VAN, COL

something along these lines, but with some tinkering.

Whiskeypete is offline   Reply With Quote