View Single Post
Old
01-31-2013, 02:30 PM
IslandersFan17

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PWJunior View Post
Nichushkin is definitely an interesting player with crazy upside, but do you really think the Isles would be so willing to take him? Petrov is still very fresh in our minds. Add in the Visnovsky saga, I don't see the Isles jumping over backwards to select him considering the 'strikes' against him.
This is true, we have not had luck with Russians lately but recently they have not been all to many prospects to come along and cause a riff... I know Nail played in Canadian junior hockey but he is of Russian decent. Tarasenko played a lot of his youth hockey in Russia, if not all of it...

Plus, isn't Viz of Czeck decent? Petrov, we took a small risk with a middle round pick, Had the Islanders selected Petrov high in the draft I would understand... I think, as much as the KHL does offer some opposition, the NHL is still the top league for these players to become the pinnacle of their sport.

Aside from top prospects, I doubt fans could tell you whom the "super stars" are in the KHL... Yet the Crosby's, Stamkos's, Malkin's, Ovy's, etc... Are names known world wide.