View Single Post
Old
01-31-2013, 03:40 PM
Dr.Sens(e)

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by saskriders View Post
Doesn't have anything to do with Russians
Well, it does based on the fact a Russian is more likely to see a 2 year hiatus in the KHL as something they have no problem doing (and may in fact embrace it like Radulov has), where as a North American might be less inclined to literally spend two years in Siberia. See how some faired during the lockout to get an idea. Other Europeans might also consider it, although Russians would be the most likely I would think. Of course, then there are guys like O'Reilly who found himself over there already, but is almost half way home. Still, I doubt he is in the KHL come March, let alone next season.

I actually see this being more of a benefit to the mid-tier guys than a Yakupov, who has been in North America for 3 years already. The guys who are offered a two-way deal post ETC will likely look at other options, and this would be a good option for some, versus being stuck under the RFA rules with little leverage. The top RFA's always have a bit more leverage and I doubt many will go to this extreme(competitive pressure, fan outrage, offer sheets etc.).

Dr.Sens(e) is offline   Reply With Quote