Thread: Ray Shero
View Single Post
Old
01-31-2013, 02:41 PM
Gooch

vCash: 692
Quote:
Originally Posted by ColePens View Post
To everyone who wants to fire Shero... tell me who replaces him and tell me some GMs around the league that are way better. I want you to name 15 of course seeing that you think Ray Shero is worthy of being fired.
I don't know, but I would like to see/hear the visions of perspective candidates for the job. I'd really love to hear a candidate for the job say something that they put a large emphasis on drafting and player development and believe that the draft should be used to try to obtain high risk/reward type players due to how expensive they are to have via trade or free agency. I'd like to hear a candidate say that he wants to build the team around the stars to cater to the style of play that best suits their strengths.

What I don't want is someone who wants to build a grinder fest team which is more orientated for the type of roster that is devoid of all talent.

Theres plenty of agencies that do searches like this and produce names, it's not exactly easy as a fan to look up perspective GM's as we arent privy to their own philosophies. So basically after I learn about someone I can tell you whether I like them or not. As for Shero, I can't stand his philosophy with this team. A cup win buys someone a lot of leeway as we're seeing with Bylsma but much like we want to say he lucked his way into that, how much did having 2 generational talents on the roster getting better each year help a GM luck his way into a cup win?

Gooch is offline   Reply With Quote