Thread: Speculation: Nino seeking trade?
View Single Post
Old
01-31-2013, 03:34 PM
chokei

vCash: 500
As I was looking through media articles that have been written on Niederreiter since he is with the Islanders, I stumbled upon this one. It contains quotes from then coach Scott Gordon (september 2010).

He's saying: "If you look at our history, you will notice that we gave our draft picks a chance already as teenagers" and "Nino will be given the same chance. He has a god given talent and is a better skater than Josh [Bailey] and John [Tavares] at the same age."

Now, the funny thing is that on the right side, there is a link to another article that says "Waiting for the NHL - Niederreiter: "Frustrating that I don't get a chance"".

How ironic.

Besides, in that latter article (january 2013) Nino is making some more statements.

"It's frustrating that I didn't get a chance. I have been working out hard during the summer and tried to prepare myself."

"I'm concentrating on what I can control. And that's on the ice."

Concerning last season with the Islanders: "I haven't played a lot, but I learned a lot. I was really happy that I already got the chance of a full season in the NHL."

chokei is offline   Reply With Quote