View Single Post
Old
01-31-2013, 04:34 PM
ABasin
Beer is good food

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bender View Post
I understand what you mean. You're right for the most part, I guess the only exceptions I'd throw out there are:

* the 1st round pick we got from the Blues which doesn't factor into this since he's still in junior (depends on what he turns into, if he's a top-3 guy, that's pretty huge)
* Sgarbossa, who could turn out to be a pretty good top-6 or top-9 forward. (it's still early but the kid shows a lot of promise for 20 years old)

So with that in mind, IF we're able to add a solid D-man (Siemens) and a top-9 forward to these lineups, all the while getting much younger when you think of AGE trade-offs like Anderson vs Varlamov, it's STILL a positive, in my mind at least.

PLUS, I for one firmly believe that if we don't make the EJ trade or the Anderson-Elliott trade, we probably don't finish 29th and we don't get Landeskog. We end up with a Zibanejad or something like that.

I still get what you mean though. For the short term, we're basically treading water and it's still very possible that neither Siemens or Sgarbossa do anything significant at the NHL level but I wouldn't leave them out completely.

By the way, I'm not trying to be 'right' just further expanding my point of view.
No problem at all. The discussion is appreciated.

I hear what you're saying, but one could say the exact same things about the 11th overall pick they gave up, or the two 2nds, etc. So to me, that's simply a wash. At this point, they're prospects, nothing more. As are the picks that went to the other teams via trade.

I edited my original post, btw, and added stuff at the end.

ABasin is offline   Reply With Quote