View Single Post
01-31-2013, 03:56 PM
Blue Blooded
vCash: 500
Originally Posted by Jim Ramsay View Post
I think when the lineup is healthy they can definitely assemble 4 lines that can do what should be expected of them and have a solid lineup all around.... The problem I have is the manner in which the parts are assembled.

I still think the greater good of them team would be to put Richards-Gaborik-Hagelin as a first line.. Kreider/Callahan-Stepan-Nash as a second line and Eminger in the lineup full time to round out the defense....

I agree that its exciting to see 3 great dynamic offensive players together on the top line right now, but I don't think its gives enough balance to the lines..... The rangers really need to split up the top line to keep the oppositions defense deciding who to play their top d-pair against.

Although its obvious given the injuries right now that Torts probably won't split up that top line till everyone is back in the line up... he will just play them every other shift
Indeed, by putting our star forwards on the same line we restrict ourselves from one of the main contributions of star players: improvement of their linemates.

This board usually complains that Pittsburgh can put any scrub on a line with Crosby/Malkin and get great production from them. We're not even trying!

Richards made Hagelin a 1st line player last year, put them on the top line with Gaborik.

Nash is at his best with the puck on his stick in the offensive zone, but he is perfectly capable of putting himself in that position by skating into the zone with the puck. He just needs guys that can get open and/or crash the net for rebounds/deflections. While Gabby and Richards can be those guys, and Gabby is probably the best guy at that, plenty of other guys could fill those roles as well. Pyatt-Stepan-Nash.

Hell if you feel the Gabby-Nash chemistry is too good to split up, put them with Stepan and put Pyatt with Hags and Richie (Cally when he gets better). Hags-Richards-Callahan was a successful line while Gabby was still playing with Stepan and AA.