View Single Post
Old
01-31-2013, 04:03 PM
PocketNines
Only a 2 year window

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by MattyMo35 View Post
Disagree. He wasn't much of an offensive force in junior, and last season was the only season in his professional career that he put up even decent offensive numbers. He might have better tools than Backes, but those tools mean nothing if he can't consistently put the puck in the net. Grachev might be "more offensively skilled" than Backes too, but that clearly doesn't mean a damn thing. Backes has led the team in scoring the last 3 years for a reason.
Saw enough of O'Reilly last year – and was hugely impressed enough – that at one point tried to talk to Avs fans about what trade might get him. He was basically described as untouchable. He's a more dynamic player offensively than Backes, who gets a lot of his points with dirty work and hustle. I'd rather have Backes, but I was very, very impressed with Ryan O'Reilly last year and his two way play and ability to feed a guy like Tarasenko would fit perfectly on this team. I'd give him an Oshie contract. Keep in mind he put up the same number of points as Backes last year (at age 20-21) and he was a huge part of creating that offense.